Monday, January 26, 2009

The start of our trip

We had been planning to go to Disneyland for Mom's birthday for a few weeks. We didn't tell the boys because we wanted to surprise them (and Ryan asks every hour, are we going yet?). The day before we were supposed to leave Ryan woke up with a horrible cough in the middle of the night. I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose, and achy body. I wanted to beat this so we rested all day and had lots of water. On the day we were supposed to leave Ryan, Dylan, and I woke up sick. I was having ear pain that had awoken me in the middle of the night. We were slowly falling apart. We were already packed and ready to go so we decided to go pick up the boys inhalers on the way out and try to get going. I went to the Kaiser pharmacy and picked up their prescriptions. During the wait in line I broke out into a cold sweat and my vision got blurry. I felt like I was going to pass out. My doctor couldn't see me so I ended up having to go to the emergency room. We left our house at 9:00 and ended up leaving Modesto at 1:30 having already spent over $300 at the er and pharmacy. As we were getting closer to Disneyland it was becoming apparent that both the boys were going to need to see the doctor. Once we got to the hotel we checked in and then went to doctor's appointments for the boys. Ryan had a double ear infection and pink eye! Dylan had an ear infection in one ear. So, the boys and I were all on antibiotics and were feeling less than wonderful. How were we going to make this trip memorable for more than our outrageous medical bills? The pink eye was just disgusting, none of us wanted Ryan to touch us and we were all sharing a room! Not to mention we had spent over $500 and we hadn't even gone to Disneyland. Read on for the fabulous ending to this tragic story...

1 comment:

Nastasia said...

haha Crystal, I can't even believe the sickness that plagued you guys!!!!!! wowza! I can see that Disneyland can perk up any sick day! I will try that remedy next time.